Saturday, April 6, 2013

They Call Us Martha Stewart

The boyfriend and I have embarked into the wonderful, magical journey that Martha Stewart would be proud of. It's full of patterns and prints and stitches oh my! As we all know, I've been working on a blanket for quite some time now. I was not very far into it when it got destroyed and I had to pull it all out and start over. Well now I'm full swing into it again. For those of you who don't know, I'm making a blanket that will be half crochet squares and half knitted squares. Which normally wouldn't be that hard, except it's been 4 years since I've crocheted last and I taught myself how to knit via YouTube. Oh and when I restarted the knitted square, I wasn't paying any attention and ended up knitting the first line 90 stitches long. It's huge now.

I've also further divulged myself into my feather hair extensions. Trying to make some money off of it, but it's not quite working too well as I keep getting asked if I know other hair techniques such as frosting and layers. Nope, just the feathers. Sorry, I never went to school for that.

Now about three days ago, the boyfriend and I went and found a sewing machine on Craigslist. It was cheap ad we were new at it so why not? Well that why not became very clear very fast. It wasn't catching the bobbin right and it might have been the tension or another 28,000 things wrong with it. Very quickly the boyfriend became frustrated and just bought a new one. So welcome to the family, brother xl-2600i. We plan on making clothes so we don't spend as much, as well as items that we can sell at fairs. He's into making welding caps and I'm going to stick to maxi skirts for now. Maybe purses. I'm hoping to figure out what's wrong with the old sewing machine so we can have two going at once. Also, he's going to make customized orders for bean bag sets. I think we could make a good chunk of change here.

As for everything yesterday... We are working through it and seem to be doing better. I suffered a loss yesterday of someone close to me and it hit me hard. I'm glad I had him there by my side through it all. Not sure he knows how I feel about him, but I'm glad he was there to hold me and wipe my tears away. I hope y'all have a splendid weekend, love y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment