Monday, April 8, 2013

And We're on the Upswing!

As we are sitting here listening to Brad Paisley (and the boyfriend as beat boxing to it....) I feel accomplished today.  And a little bit more like Martha Stewart.  After crashing and sleeping for 12 hours, we actually got up and took on the world.  After making some necessary phone calls, we ran to Walmart to check out their sewing section.  Disappointment doesn't begin to explain the feeling we had.   Instead we came home and found shirts that we no longer use and decided we would use these for our first prototypes.  If we like the designs, of course we would buy actual fabric.

I relinquished the Mr. T shirt.... 
R.I.P. fine t-shirt, you brought me many years of use

I am hoping we can stick Mr. T on the front of the welding cap, who wouldn't want a Mr. T cap? I pity that fool.  Although I did realize how much better the boyfriend is at sewing than me, I refuse to let him take over the Martha roll.  I tried to one up him with my knitting, but failed.  I haven't been as admit about that as I have wanted to be the past few days... but the progress is still there. 


I am about half way through this square, then I only have about five more to make.  I know, I have taken off more than I can handle.  But I am determined none the less.  As for the sewing, the boyfriend is currently sewing together the newest of the products, the welding caps.  I am hoping this is a hot seller, I think he has the right market for it.  I can see the guys at his work buying them.  Also, earlier he made the purse size scent bag that I had mentioned in an earlier post. It was quite cute, however he tried a different technique than I had used and it didn't turn out quite right.  Hopefully we can stick to my technique and they will turn out a little better.  

Richie sewing up the purse size, and the comparison of the two bags side by side. 


I also decided to make up/modify my own version of dinner tonight.  I made a chopped salad, with tuna helper (okay, that isn't the impressive part), and loaded baked potato stuffed potato skins. I was quite happy with how these came out. I took four red potatoes and rubbed them in olive oil and sprinkled salt and pepper over them, then baked them for 45 minutes (at 475).  While those were baking I combined shredded about a cup or so of cheddar cheese, about half a cup of ham, a large spoonful of cream cheese, a handful of chopped onions, and a proportionate amount of season salt in a bowl.  I let this all sit to get room temperature while the potatoes baked.  When the potatoes were done, I halved them and scooped out the insides (adding them to the bowl of other things) to leave the shell.  I mashed everything in the bowl and then added them to the skins.  I left it piled high, out of the tops of the skins since the cheese would obviously melt once back in the oven.  After they were reassembled, I stuck them back in the oven for about 10 minutes.  They came out and were amazing!  The salt and pepper gave it an amazing taste on the outside, and the insides were to die for.  Hopefully I can recreate them.

Don't try and eat the screen.

Today was really amazing.  I have an interview with Teavana sometime this week.  Don't think I have forgotten about you Apple!  I would love to get either (or both) of these jobs.  Another good note, my car sold for more than I though and I only owe roughly $400 now.  Yea, things are starting to look up finally.  Like always, love y'all! Oh! I will upload pictures of the welding cap as soon as he is done!








No comments:

Post a Comment