Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pleasantly Made

Way too excited right now!  We finally got our first purchase off of our Etsy store, Pleasantly Made. I finally feel like things are starting to work out right around here with our little side shop.  And of course, that made me go looking for other ideas that we can make and sell.  Now I have about 50 things I want to make and learn to make faster so I can turn them around.  I am hoping to be able to knit faster here so I can make infinity scarves.  How cool would that be?  This means that I could keep buying products for other projects I'm working on.  Or keep buying feathers.  I know I have complicated making feather jewelry with all the feathers I have now.  Or just offer my services for feather hair extensions still.  I haven't made my mind up yet.

I have thought about doing wood work things as well.  I'm talking like wine racks that looked aged.  Crosses too. I tried looking online for cute ideas for things to make, but a lot were simply things for kids to do.  I am not looking for that.  I want to find things I can do and make that I can sell.  I used to know how to make wrap jewelry (if you don't know, that is when there is a gem or stone wrapped in metal and made into anything your heart desires like a necklace or bracelet what have you).  I know in the sewing world I know that I want to make this maxi skirt I found a pattern for a long time ago but just couldn't make it at the time.



I mean, how cute is that?  And it is super cheap. I am also thinking about making the infinity dresses.  If you know what they are, then you are amazing.  If not then I am about to educate you. They are super simplistic and are just absolutely amazing.  I think every woman needs one of these in their closet.  I was going to make these as my bridesmaid dresses, they cost about $12 in labor but places are charging almost $250 for one! That is a little crazy y'all.  But honestly, who wouldn't want one of these beauties in their closet?



In other news, I looked more into the Navy today.  Was all gun ho until the boyfriend slapped reality in my face.  Awesome.  My problem is that is I enlist, I want to deploy.  Not sit in some nice, guarded hospital or work my days at a VA.  Weird, again I know. So then my question is, is this even possible for a medic to do?  And if so, what on earth is that MOS called?  I also don't want to do the ROTC program and come out as an officer.  I would rather go through boot and training and still be an enlisted.  I know my terms are probably completely off, but hey! I am not military (yet).

I start work in like 14 hours and have no will to go to sleep tonight.  I'm fucked I know. I have to be up in 8 hours, which would be fine except we all know that I am a night owl and don't sleep when I should, or when it is convenient.  Instead I am probably going to get about 4 hours of sleep and chug along for whole day.  Life as me I suppose.  Even better, I have created a monster with the boyfriend.  He is too happy with his blog.  He is in "happy land" currently, writing an epic of a blog. I guess I distract him.. pshht little ole me? Yea, okay I am a handful and could probably annoy a sniper enough to pull off of mark and shoot me instead.  But hey, at least I'm cute!

Wish me luck on a day of about twenty septillion things to do tomorrow.  And as always, much love y'all. Today I am going to leave you with a video that I cried laughing too.


No comments:

Post a Comment