Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Help!

HELP! I'm trapped in a lease and I can't get out!  The boyfriend and I have been trying to think of how to get out of this horrible place.  The place itself isn't terribly horrible.  The home we are living in have three bedrooms and two bathrooms, it's a nice size.  But the construction of it is absolutely horrible.  Trim is falling off, the door handles want to fall off, doors aren't even flush to the door frames which makes them not want to close.  I could probably look past it, but the union construction worker in the house can't, yes I mean you +Richard II Hardin.  The community we live in is nice.  The streets are taken care of, the park is well maintained, and the overall look is quite up kept.

The management, however, is absolutely horrible.  Every time we need something done, or fixed, it takes weeks before we can get anything resolved around here.  Our master bathroom tub faucet has been broken now for about two months.  We are just now getting it fixed tomorrow.  About damn time.  The play little games with everything.  The boyfriend brings in the money here in this house, and they wouldn't talk to him about the lease because he is only a occupant, as I am the main lease holder.  Instead, we got to sit there and play Chinese telephone, with the boyfriend sitting 4 feet away from the head of management  telling me the questions to then repeat to her as she wouldn't just listen to him and answer them.  Really?!  Are we in second grade again? I didn't realize we had to play these games with a company.  He was beyond pissed.

Now we think we found a possible loophole in the system.  We have been trying to break lease and move back closer to both of our families (which are currently 2 hours away from us).  The only way to get back towards home is for me (being the main lease holder) to get a job 50+ miles away.  Which, have you ever tried getting a job that far away? It is impossible.  They take one look at your resume and toss it aside because you're so far away.  However, the management company has another location in one of the towns we were looking to move to.  We are hoping we can just transfer to this location.  Even if we have to sign a lease for another year.  We are desperate to move closer to home.

For now since I have this job offer at Apple, we are holding off on taking further action on this.  We will just suck it up and deal with this place for six months.  If I don't get this job, then its off to the office to try our luck.

Oh! I have the second installment of the Apple interviews tomorrow.  Fingers crossed things go well! I'm off to make some Ramen.  Love y'all and I'll let you know how to job interview goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment