Saturday, April 13, 2013

Home Sick

Home sick.  We have all heard the expression.  Sometimes it boggles me.  So the boyfriend is gone this weekend with the Marines... which means I have the house to myself.  And the Jeep.  Which would be great.. but it isn't.  That being said, with overnight bag in the backseat, I set off for my hometown.  It was a relaxing 2 hour drive (that is just oozing with sarcasm).  In reality, people drive like assholes even at one in the afternoon.  And maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if the spotty rain hadn't put out 2 of my cigarettes, and then a giant chunk of hail that hurdled through my window knocked a third cigarette onto my lap.  Yea... a very pleasant drive. I get to my destination and find I am locked out of the house.  I had one of the two magical keys. Awesome, can this day get any worse?  I knew I shouldn't have even thought it because it always can.

My little sister had a softball game and I had played on these same fields, figured I could find them no problem. Negative ghost rider.  After getting myself lost, I turned around and I called my mother, who gave me different directions.  Which were wrong.  So I turned around again and called my step father, who gave me even more different directions.  Wrong again.  Turning around, I stopped at a gas station.  Desperate to make it to my sister's game, I asked if anyone knew were these fields were.  Nope. Zilch. Nada.  Now I am pissed that I'm going to miss this stupid game that I just spent 45 minutes trying to find, not including the time it took me to even get to the freaking town. I call up a friend who used to live there... and the damn fields were right behind the gas station I stopped at.  Go figure.

I get to the game and gambling with my luck, park in the foul ball territory (any of you with kids in little league or who ever played know what I'm talking about).  I sit down and it's already the 4th inning.  And apparently when the girls were jumping up and down to keep warm, the successfully summoned the rain spirits because it started to rain.  And be windy... too windy.  I sat smugly and stuck out the rest of the game. They won, 16-2.  Lets rephrase that, they slaughtered.  I don't waste anytime when the game ends.  I book to my car and got the hell out of dodge.

I get back to my mother's house, sit down, and instantly it hits me.  I just want to be home.  In my home.  The empty one... But that doesn't make any sense.  Why would I want to be in an empty home?  No one to talk to, no dog to cuddle with.  Why would I want to spend time here at all?  Debating it in my head I try to talk to my mom about it, but the little sister keeps butting in (trying to get to a concert, and mom has the golden keys).  I fold, and stop trying, instead I cuddle with my cat who I haven't seen in forever.  Which was nice but eh.  My best friend stops by and begs me to come over, pleads with me to stay the night with her.  She wants to wedding plan for her wedding and talk about girly things and watch movies and eat tons of food.  But all I can think about was my home.  Here is my best friend, who just buried her grandfather today, begging me to come over, and I say no? Why was I so intent on coming home?  I haven't the slightest of clues.  But I would be lying if I told you that I didn't feel like a ton of bricks were lifted off my shoulders when I walked through my door tonight.

Sorry I didn't post/ haven't been posting lately.  I was quite sick yesterday.  Sick enough to have to skip my Apple interview.  Thankfully +Richard II Hardin took care of me.  Hopefully I am productive with my cleaning tomorrow.  Goodnight and love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment