Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Bucket

We have all heard of (or recently seen) the bucket list.  This brings a question for you... what do you want to do before you kiss the ground?  There are the obvious ones for me, like get married and raise a family. But what else?

Here is my bucket list...

Run a marathon
I know this may sound daunting  but to me it sounds like absolute fun.  I want nothing more than to sport that 26.2 sticker on my car.

Sky Dive
Again, sounds scary, but I want to do it.  Can you imagine the adrenaline?  I'm terrified of heights, but this is the one thing that I would suck it up for.

Work for the Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Okay, this is more like a life goal... but it still counts.

Use my medical experience overseas to help our soldiers
I want to give my service and help those who really need it.  I know that I actually can't without enlisting (anything possibility that I have thought about and seriously tossed around joining the Navy as a Corpsman) but if I could, I would jump on that quicker than a stripper on a dollar.

Own a boat
I'm talking like a "should be called a yacht" boat.  About 68 feet long with the live in cabin, two bedrooms maybe with a shower and plasma tv's everywhere you can look.  Just so I can take long trips across Lake Michigan and not have to stop.



Go to Africa
I have no real reason for this... just want to go.

Learn to play guitar
Anything thing I have no reason for, but I want to do just to do.

Have a farm
I say this, but you have to understand to the extent I want it.  I want to have crops I can be self-sufficient on. I want cattle and horses and some pigs... and a goat.  I want land to be able to do, whatever the fuck I want.  A pole barn to keep my equipment in, and a stable for the horses only, and then obviously would have to have something for the cattle.

My absolute dream?  Keep going to college and earn all my degrees.  Go sky dive and run a few marathons.  Right out of my last year med school I want to take a two week vacation to Africa to see what I can. Then come home and enter my residency, all awhile still running marathons.  During which I would love to learn guitar to take my mind off of the stress.  Hopefully I will get married and start my family somewhere by now.  Then I'm going to take 30% of all my paychecks and split it up for two reasons, 10% will go to a secret savings account for my daughters wedding one day.  The other 20% will go for her education.  After my residency, I will build my house on my land.  Then my husband can retire and work on the fields and house and what not.  Help raise the kids.  Then I'll buy my boat.  Raise the kids til they're out of the house and then the husband and I can travel around in the boat.  Yea... that's my dream right there.  Sounds nice right?



Let me know yours! I'm curious to hear what y'all want to do.  Much love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment