Saturday, April 13, 2013

Maybe I have Turned into a Drone...

I'm not sure when I evolved into this part Martha Stewart, part Paula Deen morph, but I have found this amazing ability to cook amazing dinners with the food we have in the house.  Since no one has invented a website or app that allows you to type in what food you have and it pops up recipes that you can make, I have my own method.  I sit in front of the pantry starring at it, waiting for something to pop out at me.  There is a lot of head scratching involved, without this you aren't doing it right.  But I figured since the boyfriend is going to be tired from his military filled weekend, I would try to be extra nice and make it a special night.

Let's be specific here, I have figured out how to make our dinning room look absolutely adorable.  From candles to flowers.  Okay the flowers part was all apart of help from my best friend/sister.   This house, like it does at the end of every week it seems, looks like I let 23 four year olds just wreck havoc on my house.  Obviously regular cleaning is going to have to get done this weekend.  But I want to make this place look... it's best honestly.  I know this should be a given, but I just want him to walk through that door and feel almost a sigh of relief that this place looks great for once.

On to dinner though, since the college girl who would burn Ramen has somehow transformed into this great cook has so many ideas.  I'm going to make southern style baked pork chops over rice, Parmesan  Italian green beans, and a simple Alfredo pasta.  Seriously, where do I come up with this stuff?  I also made a German chocolate cake with a coconut and almond icing (thanks to his mom who supplied the essentials to it!).  Figured that could serve as desert.  I also have his beer chilling in the fridge, or if he doesn't feel like beer, my wine will be on ice.  Yea, maybe it was the coffee this morning, or the copious amounts of sleep that I needed and finally caught up on that made me think of this, but this is what my mind thinks of now.  The problem I have here is timing.  I can cook the food no problem and it turns out great, but I have yet to perfect my timing.  There is always one thing that is done long before the rest of the food is done.  I'm afraid this time it will be the pork chops.  Plus to top it all off, I have to time this around being able to walk away from it for at least 20 minutes to go pick the boyfriend up from him base.  Challenge accepted.

As for my green thumb, as I think I had mentioned in an earlier post, my plants are frustrating me.  I had planted three Terra cotta pots with flowers, as well as a hanging basket and a wooden box.  We hung the basket outside on our tree, and made a holder for the wooden box, so these could get plenty of sun. The original plan was to pull them in at night.  Until the rain hit, and the stayed pretty warm throughout the night, we figured they would do fine outside.  Well, only one of the Terra cotta pots has sprouted anything.  All the others are just... dirt.  I grow great dirt apparently.  I just want the other four plants to take off like my one fighter pot has.  I pulled in the wooden box and I'm hoping it will take off now inside, then I can put him back outside.

Welp, I am off to clean.  I hope y'all have a great day, stay warm- it's getting a bit chilly here.  Love y'all!

One more thing.  I just have to point out that the both the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago Blackhawks won last night... not so much for the White Sox.  Hmmm, and we wonder who the better team is this year with the Sox and Cubs.  And as for the Hawks, maybe Q has realized which goalie belongs in the net!

No comments:

Post a Comment