Friday, March 8, 2013

The sick spouse...

Have you ever tried to clean the house with a sick spouse at home? It is beyond impossible.  They turn into the most needy, blubbering, ball of helplessness ever.  They regress from an adult to toddler faster than Paula Deen can add butter to her cookies.  Try as I might, every time I go to get off the couch, he just moves his legs right back on top of me.  It's almost like he is trying to get me to be lazy today; which I would love to be!  However I can't afford to just lay here all day.  He keeps regressing back into his "turtle mode," which basically is him making a tent and laying here.  

"Turtle mode"

The mound of tissues that is growing might contend with the Appalachian Mountains at this point.  I guess I should know by now that I don't get anything done until he is at work anyways.  Anyone else have this problem? Where you try and try to get things done with your spouse home and yet never seem to achieve anything beside help to contribute to the same mess you're going to end up cleaning? Maybe its just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment