Saturday, March 16, 2013

Military Significant Others

If any of you have ever been in my shoes, you know how much being a military SO (significant other) sucks ass.  There are bonuses, you gain about a hundred brothers who would fight for you no matter what happens.  Plus you get a brand new family, because not only are they all brothers, but the close ones are ALWAYS AROUND.  But with those bonuses, there are a bunch of downsides to it.  Now, my boy is in the Marine Reserves.  I know what a lot of you are thinking... oh he is only gone once a month and then you get to see them blah blah.  But no, it's way harder than it seems.  The Marine Reserves still deploy a lot, my boy specifically almost deployed 6 months ago.  I yea, I know they are only gone for those 3 days a month but during those three days I get no contact where as an active duty Marine gets to call people every night.  Unless they are deployed... that gets a bit hairier.  And for all of you wonderful dependapotamuses who want so badly to say horribly things to this, yes I do know what I am talking about since I have friends active duty in almost all branches of the military, as well as National Guard.  So I think I know just enough to be able to say this is valid.

If anyone is wondering what a dependapotamus is, that would be those wonderful military wives who don't work and think they have the same rank as their husbands (and let me inform you women, you are not your husbands rank... last time I checked you didn't go through boot and training .  They are the most uptight, self righteous bitches you have ever met.  They are the military wives that cause other military wives to shake in their boots.  You hear stories about these bitches, before you meet them.

And hey! All you military girlfriends! Don't be afraid of the military wives! Cause guess what, they used to be girlfriends too. And I know this should be simple logic but most times you forget. I have been a military fiance before and you somehow gain ten times more respect when you get a ring than those poor girlfriends.  But guess what? Most the time the girlfriends are the ones who sit through bootcamp and AIT/MCT or what have you.  They get shit on from the wives and dependapotamuses and still stand by their mans side.  So you know what, you go girlfriends! And I am not just saying that because I am one haha.

This has been my tangent filled rant on missing my boyfriend.  It was brought to you by PMS and the makers of Midol (seeing as the caffeine is making me stay awake...).  I need to stop typing...

now...

or now...

okay now.


No comments:

Post a Comment