Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Crazy ex...

Have you ever had that one ex who you are SO glad that you left?  Miranda Lambert has a song about being a "crazy ex-girlfriend," but in all reality there are some people who just can't take being left.  From stalking your facebook, to actually stalking you, they get creative in their crazy ways.  I think we all have had an experience of the crazy ex, more extreme then others.

Personally, I have dealt with crazy ex multiple times.  Maybe I'm attracted to their crazy, or I'm just too blind to see it.  Either way, in the end I wish I could just go into the witness protection program to hide from them. One ex would sit and stalk my twitter account, waiting for me to say something, anything, and then proceed to tweet things directed towards me.  It started with trying to make me jealous with tweets like, "They sweet sound of dogtags when you're getting it, and shes not,"  to just tagging me in tweets asking if I missed him.  This is also the same guy who had his friends tag me around at school to watch my every move.  After I got out my phone would be blown up with questions like, "why were you talking to him," or "why did you wear my favorite shirt today?"  I've had the crazed drive by everyday at random hours done to me.  Presents sent to me months after we have split.  My current favorite (that is sarcasm at its best) is an ex who tried to sabotage my current relationship.  He took creeping to an extreme level by finding my boyfriend on facebook, messaging him, and lying.  Drama is one thing I can not stand, and you can bet your ass he will never try to mess with me or a relationship I am in again.


However some of my friends have had to deal with some extreme cases as well.  One friend had an ex block her car into the driveway so she couldn't leave, like forcibly making her stay would change her mind.  Another threatened suicide with a knife at their throat, saying if they didn't stay they would kill them self.  I have had friends who have hidden out at my house because their ex was staking out their house, or sit in the school parking lot across the street waiting for her to leave her house. This same friend I had to do a drive  by pick up just to get her away from the ex.   I have saved friends from being trapped into rooms by their ex, being pushed and shoved around and swung at.  I have cold cocked a friend's ex before.

I hope none of my exs think I have ever been the crazy ex.  I truly hope not.  Because some of these people should maybe think twice before dating.  Or maybe see a shrink.  Or maybe we should start doing a psych evaluation before dating someone.  I'm not sure which one, or combination would result in less crazy exs... but please don't let friends become the crazy ex.  When they are on the verge, slap them with the reality of the situation, and maybe rethink your friendship... they are crazy and all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment