Sunday, May 19, 2013

Piercings, and Gauges, and Ink. Oh My!

Ah ha! I told you guys I would get back into it.  If you haven't noticed there are some changes to the site.  Working with a few more things until I get it to where I want it to be. Someday soon though, it will be right where I need it to be.  Well, today I'm getting a new tattoo.  Nothing big, but I have wanted this tattoo for awhile now.

This is what it's going to look like, right underneath 
my collar bone. Not too big.

Not anytime soon, but I will be getting a large piece done hopefully by the end of the fall.  It's going to take multiple sessions.  That one will be going from right where the top of my bra hits on my right side, all the way down to my knee.  I know, it's going to be awesome.  I have so many more planned out too.  Jackie is going to love me by the time they are all done.  I'll be a walking portfolio.  

But with all this talk about tattoos, so many people have negative thoughts on them. You either hate them or you love them.  I don't think I have ever met someone who just doesn't care.  But hey, maybe that's you.  What I honestly haven't been able to figure out though, is why does it matter? What I have noticed is, people who don't have tattoos sure do love to talk about why they are such an abomination to the body, whereas people who have them couldn't care less if you have them or not.  

Now for all of you who hate them... why?  I have heard the excuse (okay, I'll be nice... the reason) that you believe the body is a temple, or that God created you perfectly and if he wanted us to have markings on our body, then we would have had them when we were born.  Okay, I have two retorts to that.  One, God gave us free will.  Therefore, he gave us the ability to do as we please.  So, with this rational, he gave us the free will to go out and ink up out bodies.  Secondly, if our bodies are a temple, shouldn't we be able to decorate that temple?  The pyramids were adorned with lavish gold and jewels before they were sealed up.  Tombs are garnished with flowers and tokens of endearment.  So I mean, ink me if I'm wrong, but I think that is a bit of a bullshit reason.  

And now we come to my favorite subject when it comes to tattoos.  Should they be allowed to be shown in the work place?  I can get why some places have just said no.  Not because I don't want to be able to show off my ink.  But have you ever heard the expression if you give an inch they will take a mile?  I am a firm believer of this expression.  The reason I bring this is up, not all tattoos are work place acceptable.  But you can't tell some people they can have their tattoos out and not all of them.  Also, if you say you can't have tattoos past this point on your arm, people might continue to push the line further and further down their arm. Just an example. I'm not just saying the arm. I do commend Apple, who has since allowed their employees to have their tattoos uncovered.  




Annnnd now I have lost my train of thought. Crap.  Well.... I am positively sure I have not conveyed my point at all.  I am probably going to revisit this post in a part two... and I'll upload a picture of the new ink tomorrow.  Until then, much love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment