Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day (and my birthday!).  So today I am going to dedicate this blog to my mother.  I was going to talk about how great mothers in general are, but instead I am going to tell you great things about my mother.  Yea, it's TMI Sunday... doesn't make much sense, but just go with it.

-She used to buy me 2 Barbies every Christmas, one was for play, and the other was a collectible that I was never allowed to play with.  I never understood why I wasn't allowed to play with them, but now I am so glad that she got them for me.

-She put up with my ex for 4 years, and he never was good for me.  She tried to tell me this almost everyday that I was with him, but I never listened to her.  Even though I am pretty sure sh e hated him and had elaborate plans to off him, she tried her best to help us stay together, even mediating fights sometimes.  She supported me every when she didn't agree.  And I am so glad that when we finally fell through, she was there for me.



-She has this picture of me where I am trying to open a can of coke with my mouth... I was two at the time.  She has all of these awesome pictures of me as I was growing up and I am so glad that she was able to capture all of these precious moments.  I think she was the reason I am so picture crazy now.


-After my parents divorce, we didn't have a ton of money.  Yet she found a way to make every prom and dance special.  While all of these girls went out buying $300-$500 dresses, she found a woman who would make prom dresses.  She was so generous and would make any dress I came up with possible for me.  Even though I think she thought some of them were hideous (looking back, I question some of my choices). 


-She put up with my crazy tendencies, which believe me I have a few.  Even though I think she thought I was on crack some days, she put up with me.  Not sure how she did it.  But I am so glad that she did.  


I can't believe she has put up with my ups and downs, and all the disappointments I have put her through.  I guess that is what kids are for though.  I know some day in the future I will have kids (and I know she is hoping they are just like me).  My mother has the strongest will of anyone I know.  She has had to deal with things I believe no woman should have to go through.  She has always stood by my side throughout it all.  I know I am turning into her more and more every year.  And there is no other woman I want to grow into.  Even when she has had to love me for two.  Through every heartbreak, she has been there with a box of tissues and chocolate.  Through all the times I tried to rebel, she stood by and waited for my eyes to open.  She loves me for all of my faults and all of strengths.  I love her, and I know she loves me just as much.  Thank you for raising me to be this amazing woman that I have become. None of this would be possible without you.  



I love you mom.  And everything that you do.  

About two years ago I showed her this song, and made her cry like a little girl ;) I love the fact that the singer's name is Lauren (like me haha).  I really believe everything in this song, and it will forever make me cry like a baby when I hear it.  And of course, I always think of my mom when it comes on. 





-

No comments:

Post a Comment