Saturday, August 24, 2013

CNA, Chuck Norris Approved

Work has been kicking my butt.  I love my nursing home, but some days I think everyone has forgotten what it means to be a CNA.  I get so happy seeing my residents get well and progressing but I get so mad at my peers for some of the things they do. I feel a bit bitter today because I was helping EVERYONE on the floor today but an hour till my shift ended my hall was such a mess and no one wanted to help my residents. I was so mad. Plus alot of our patients are extensive and overweight. I’m only 145 pounds and its like fuck….do you really expect me to transfer this person alone?

There’s just so much misscomunication all around and lazy ass cnas. No matter how big your role is you are still doing patient care. I wish people would take their job seriously and compitently .
I’m just so frustrated.




So since I don't have anything long and exciting to tell y'all, I have short snippets for you. Sorry I know, a little lame. 

-On Saturday I had just arrived on shift and was doing report rounding with a co-worker. We had gone into a patients room and while I was receiving report, the patient proceeded to notify me that he was going to bite me. I stared at him for a moment (processing). He then proceeded to ask me if  I minded….

-I was changing an incontinent patient yesterday and I began to raise the bed up. I stopped and turned around to get something off the bedside table and I heard this familiar mechanical noise. I turned around to see the bed still rising with a shocked patient looking at me.I immediately begin pressing the down button which led to this weird power struggle between the bed and I. I was stuck there for few minutes waiting for someone to come down the hall and help me.
When Help arrived the conversation went like this:
Me: Watch this… *bed starts moving up by it self*
Co-worker: You got skills.
Me: Thanks, and while I’ve managed to magically make it go up I can’t seem to make it come back down. Help?
Eventually, we got the bed down. I however never raised the bed again that night. (Please, overly stressed back, forgive me)

A resident tried to set me up with his grandson Friday. We aren't going into details about that one. 

I watched an 105-year-old woman dance the Cupid Shuffle. Top that.

- Somebody cursed me by saying the Q word.... 

- Another CNA got bit by a resident, and then beat up by her.  Seriously, we're talking bruises and all.  Then three hours later had apple sauce thrown on her by another resident.  

One of the nurse at work told me that I was mean. SMDH, really?? Just cause I was running around getting stuff for a new patient and your patient wanted a bath at the end of my shift and I said “No”. I had already gave baths, rounds, clean rooms, and trying to do some last minute charting. But she was on the internet, looking at her phone and running her mouth. She could have easily set the women up or tell her that night shift will clean her.

-I was getting this guy dressed the other morning and he only had one sock and I was looking everywhere for the other one and then I remembered he only had one leg.

Okay seriously I will stop lacking eventually.  But until then, enjoy this video because I love to make y'all laugh. Much love, always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment