Thursday, August 15, 2013

CNA, Certified Nasty Asshole

So today one of my resident alarm was beeping and I didn’t know that it meant that the battery needed to be changed so I just left it there. Then this 3rd shift aide came and she was like completely shitty, and let me describe it in detail. She was yelling, talking ghetto, pointing finger at me and said
"You need to change that battery before you leave here cause I ain’t dealing with 3-11 shit. You won't change it and neither will they. I’m done."
Pat.
Pat the CNA.
So you’re over 50 years old, a CNA, talks like a ghetto chick, swears like a sailor, and complains about every little thing? Oh yea, and I think you came with the building when it was built. 
I don’t usually judge people on their social status and their job but wow. Woooow. You obviously didn’t do things right when you were my age. So I can’t blame you for being the way you are. What can I say? I hate using this saying but your mother did not raise you well. I’m not sorry lady cause it’s the truth. I can’t even call you a lady cause your not one. If you think that’s attractive to act that way then you have some serious issue.
& Pat.
Pat the CNA who works 3rd shift.
If you’re saying that it’s because you’re speaking out your mind and your just saying what’s wrong. No. Just no. There are so many different way to approach the situation. The way you did it was just unacceptable.
That was humiliating and yes I get that I should’ve known that I should’ve changed the battery but in all honesty. I’m pretty sure you didn’t have the authority to do that. To tell me that I have to go track down a battery to change the battery or else I couldn't go back to my residents who need to get up for breakfast.
… What?
Yeah Pat.
Pat, only the 3rd shift CNA.
I don’t think you had that authority at all. How would you feel if I humiliated you like that? What happen if you first started working here and I was a veteran like you and acted that was towards you? If you said that you would deal with it with no problems then you have no compassion and this isn’t the job for you. With that attitude, you have the potential to create a hostile environment. Shame on you. & if all you do is complain, then you need to find yourself another job or get over it.
& when I walked down the hall to get the battery. She said it loud and clear. Way too loud for the residence who were sleeping that “I should be doing my job instead of wasting your time to read a book.” I wasn’t reading a book. I was making a list of what I should do before I go to bed. That list includes the following: apply for the nursing program at a different college, find out how much my books cost this semester, budget for a QMA class, and possibly see if I can pick up a second job in my field. .
Does that look like I’m wasting my time?
Pat.
Pat the CNA who’s completely miserable.
You will be forever remember in this post as a miserable bitch. :)
Sincerely,
The future nurse/Radiologist you looked down on.
P.S “Pat is a fucking bitch. Always has been” I didn’t say it. Someone else did. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment