Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bed Bugs Biting....

If you have ever had a bad day, I think I probably have you beat.  I just love when my residents are having a bad day as well.  Apparently the bed bugs bit everyone at work today and left them getting out on the wrong side and just plain angry.  My first resident that I had to get up set the mood for the entire day.  Now I normally walk in and sing to her to wake her up (cheesy, yes I know), but when she opened her eye today all she had was a lovely response of "Fuck off, get the hell out of my room you rat."  Well then.  After struggling to get her dressed, and even bribing her with her 0730 cigarette, she was not having any part of getting up.  While trying to transfer her from her bed to her wheelchair, she decided my arm sounded tastier than breakfast to her.  After nibbling on my forearm and trying to take a chunk with her finger nails with her for a snack, I finally got her in her chair.  Battle scars I tell ya.  Her tirade wasn't done with just me yet however.

As we sat in the restorative dining room (where we take those who have to be fed or prompted to eat, or even just watched while eating) a nurse tried to help her eat since she hadn't touched her pancakes yet.  Clearly she was still full on tasty Lauren meat. As he sat there and tried to feed her she let out this shriek that I have never heard before. Imagine a cross between a dying cat and a walrus mating.  It was almost terrifying.  She looked at him as serious as a heart attack and screamed, "YOU STOP HITTING ME RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR I WILL HAVE YOU KILLED IN YOUR SLEEP!"  Y'all, I can't even make this shit up.  Poor thing sat there looking so shocked she had yelled at him that he might as well cry.  Unfortunately this is how people get fired.  Think about it, if he had been in her room without the three nurses and four CNA's that were in the dining room with him, he would have had no witnesses to claim he hadn't hit her.  And what about evidence you might ask?  Old people bruise like 2 week over ripe bananas.  They blink and they get a bruise.  I swear.

There was a highlight to my day.  I got to shower one of my residents who's laugh is contagious.  While in the shower I like to let the residents hold the sprayer, it gives them a sense of independence, even though I am still doing all the washing.  While he was giggling away, he turned the sprayer on me and started to give me the shower!  Seriously, I got to walk around the rest of the day (or at least until my scrubs dried out) soaking wet.  Oh yes.

Hope y'all are having a great day! Much love to y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment