Monday, July 8, 2013

Political Bitch....

Hey y'all! Sorry I have been so busy lately, it has been very crazy around here lately. I'm now trying to work two jobs, one at a local breakfast restaurant and the other at a grocery store.  Still trying to get back into the medical field.  The ex and I have agreed to let me pay him monthly to use one of his vehicles so I can branch out from the one medical facility around this area to possibly working at one farther out of the area.  Doing this, I can make more money and buy my own vehicle, as well as save for schooling and pay off my debt that I haven't yet paid off.   However, I always have a problem with something going on in this world..... so here is my time to bitch.  It's political and I am not going to hold back any of my feelings; so if you're feeling highly irritable today or just plain easily agitated, I suggest you don't read this.

So I am not completely educated with the current issues politically like I should be, but I do know how they are affecting me.  As someone who is trying to rebuild their life, I have been trying to get a better job.  However, in this job market I can only scrap some minimum wage jobs.  Thanks to Obama, I can no longer work a real "part-time" job.  Employers are only willing to let you work about 20-27 hours a week, so they don't have to give you health coverage.  Two years ago, I was able to work 38 hours a week at a part time job and still make great money.  No, I'm not trying to make this a long term deal and work at a minimum wage job for the rest of my life, but trying climb the stepping stones of my the work force is hard enough with money problems.  I feel like people (or at least my friends and me) have to work two jobs just to make their bills.  I know I am not living outside my means, I don't even have a car or car insurance with bills, for the simple fact that I can't afford it and know this.  But (and this is simply my opinion) why is a man who preaches that he will help the work force and the unemployment rates make such a ridiculous bill?  Or maybe, that was his master plan to help unemployment, as everyone would have to work 2 jobs, thus making employment go up.  Not sure just stating my opinion.  I just feel like it is simply impossible for the college age bracket to try and work and go to school.  

I know that most people are conventional, and have FAFSA or help with paying for college.  But for those of us who don't have that luxury, we have to work to pay for schooling.  Now how are we suppose to work two jobs to pay for our schooling, and be able to attend class and study sufficiently for exams?  We have created a work horse generation; where we eat, work, study, down some energy supplements  work and start it all over again.  Now while this will help the economy (I'm sure), it will burn people out so quickly.  People who have great will power and great perseverance will finally get out of this 5 year zombie walk. However with this cycle, and the poor sleep or the lack of energy will cause more on job accidents.  And once someone who has been working 2 jobs and grinding the wheels for a few years gets money to sit there and not do anything, isn't this more incentive to just continue to sit there and collect money?  Just saying, maybe it's because I have watched people do this or I have encountered people who are collecting unemployment or disability for no other reason than they feel like sitting on their asses and not doing any work. So shouldn't we either create an incentive for those of us who are still working or somehow cut down on these ridiculous laws and incentive programs for those who don't work.  

This is all simply my opinion, so please don't jump down my throat and tell me I'm wrong.  I know there are many places where my opinions will differ from MANY other people. But this is just how I feel trying to go through the motions.  Sorry for my long rant, just feel like it isn't as easy to succeed in life as it was 5 years ago.  I'll try not to bitch anymore.  Still love y'all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment