Monday, July 29, 2013

Greetings from Under my Rock!

Hey y'all! I know, you normally have to wait at least another week or so to hear from me these days. Spontaneous posting!!! No in all reality I have just been way too busy to post anything it seems.  I figured since the last time I did an update, it kind of sucked I would fill you in to what the latest is in my life, and maybe tell some funny stories from the past month as well.  I will gladly let y'all laugh at my expense.  

So, as for the job in the grocery store.... ya, I quit that job.  I just couldn't handle it anymore.  The women acted as if they were all about 14 years old and the drama was more abundant than glitter in a kindergarten art class.  It was more work trying to keep the stories straight than the actual job entailed. I found out from the rumor mill that apparently I am engaged and pregnant.  Both news to me (and no, I am not either).  The manager would schedule horrible hours, by that I mean she would schedule you about 18-22 hours, and then call you in on all the days she had you scheduled off.  Which, I am definitely not complaining about being called in (I picked up more hours there than anyone else) but when she hands you your schedule and tells you to not plan anything for your days off because she plans on calling you in.... why don't you just schedule me on these days in the first place?  I don't know maybe I am just simple minded and that makes too much sense to me.  The job was simple and straight forward, but it was back in the food industry which I hate.  I didn't go get certified to work in the medical field to fry chicken for 8 hours a day.  No sir.  Now I have started the job at the nursing home, which I absolutely adore.  Everyone is so kind, and although it will take some time to adjust from my old nursing home, it is definitely a place I can look forward to working for quite some time at. 

The day I went in and got this job was one of the funniest experiences I have ever had. I had simply gone in to fill out a job application, which if you have ever filled out an application for a medical institution you know that they basically want you to write a novel about every place you have ever taken a breath. I go to turn in this application and the woman at the front desk tells me that director of nursing wants to talk to me.  Oh, alright. I can't think when the last time was that I interviewed but now I am instantly nervous.  He gets off of his phone call and calls me into his office.  We start the random bullshit talk, ranging from our favorite food to vacation spots.  We finally land of schooling.  I start complaining about a certain college who would not work with my FAFSA and tried telling me my legal court documents were not proof enough that I was emancipated (even though the documents clearly state I am, with a judges signature).  It just so happens that his son had a similar problem with the same school.  Of course that makes me ask about his son, which turns out graduated high school the same year as me... and I know him.  Small world after all, eh?  He takes a 30 second look at my resume, and asks if I want a tour.  Of course I agree!  During our tour we have more small talk, and he introduces me to the head charge nurse.  Mind you, at this point we have not talked about the position or really anything substantial.  When he introduces me to the charge nurse, he slips a little tid bit about how I am a recent hire.  Well, again news to me!  To make this part shorter, by the time we get back to his office, I have the job and he wants me to start as soon as possible.  I fill out paperwork signing my life away to another company and we move on.  But as if this wasn't enough, while walking to the nurses station to get my TB test done, we walk past a group of BNA's (for those of you who don't know, you are a BNA while in training for your CNA certification.  Or if you don't pass your state test you're still a BNA until you do).  The director introduces me and one of the girls in the class proceeds to tell me how I will love the program this that and the other.  I go on to tell her I am already a CNA and PCA, that I just got hired.  You would have thought I told her I was Taylor Swift the way she reacted.  I was then berated with questions about how I like being a CNA, what my past experiences were like, had I ever seen a dead person, etc. I seriously felt like I was on top of the world.  Come on now, I have only been a CNA for a year, you would have thought I was the person who created the heart valve.  On top of that, (because that wasn't enough) during one of the director and I's conversations, we were discussing the different assisting and transferring equipment they have on the market.  Since I have worked at both a nursing home and a hospital with two very different budgets I had seen both ends of the scale.  He informs me he wants to consult me on which lifts they are going to buy since I have used all of them.  Uhm, hi my name is HOLY CRAP ARE YOU SERIOUS?!  Do they think I am Mother Teresa? Apparently.  And I am not arguing. 
 
I'm moving again!  This is not something I am terribly excited about.  When the ex and I originally broke up, my living situation was only supposed to be temporary.  I finally have a new place to move and I think it is for the best.  I am very appreciative of him for letting me rent his second bedroom and allowing my to lay my head somewhere other than the curb.   However, when it is all said and done I think it is best for ex's not to live with each other.  I think we made the best of the situation and coexisted as best as two people can.  But, at the end of the day we both need our space from each other.  Hopefully we don't become strangers and can still be friends.  I'm moving in with friends to a huge house.  I get the basement to myself for awhile, and my own bathroom.  Not sure why this is so exciting for me, but apparently having your own bathroom is to me.  It is only about 5 minutes from where I live now, so I don't have to try and learn a whole new area.  But I hate packing all of my possessions up and moving.  I don't even know where to get boxes at around here.  I do not want to buy them, so I think I'm going to hit up McDonalds or maybe Walmart and try and snag some.  Or maybe I'll just jack them from a  homeless guy. Okay, kidding about that one.  

I'm dating again as well... and that is about all there is to say about that.  Sorry, I don't want to publicize unless it becomes something.  And even then, we all know I won't tell you that much.  Sorry guys! 

On to the car front!  A friend of mine is away with the military currently and is letting me use his truck.  So for the time being, I have a Dodge Ram.  It is super weird to go form compact cars to a truck all of the sudden, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't love being behind that steering wheel. But don't worry, I won't run over y'all.  Just know that I can haha.  

College bound for the third time... I have applied to a few colleges and heard back from two so far.  Both have accepted me into their nursing program.  For those of you who don't know, I am going to get my BS in Nursing, then go to med school for Radiology, followed by a 4 year residency and a 1 year fellowship.  I will then be Dr. Lauren Pleasant BSN RN RR (R)(T)(N)(ARRT).  Mouthful right? Still trying to figure out how they will fit that all on my lab coat, but I am thinking if I have all of my Radiology credentials on my coat, I can safely drop the nursing credentials.  Just a thought.  

So! Hopefully y'all are still reading, and not snoring too loudly if you aren't.  Don't say I never fill y'all in on what is going on in my life! Now you know more than most people do haha.  Hopefully all of your lives are going splendid and you have no complaints.  I am currently on vacation until tomorrow, which is a nice little break I will say.  Smile and enjoy the sunshine! Much love y'all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment