Friday, January 13, 2017

Bride-zilla Madness

Has anyone else noticed how asinine wedding planning truly is?  I mean really. The entire idea is nothing more than one big headache.  Let's think about this for a minute.  It is YOUR day and yet you stress about 99% of the time over what other people will think.

Look at the guest list. We struggle to figure out how to make so many people other than ourselves happy.  You want a small wedding? Awesome! Too bad your family and extended family and all friends and cousins expect to be invited to your wedding.  Wasn't invited to theirs? Guess what- they will still expect an invite to yours.  Oh, and when they don't? World war 4 is in full effect.  But why? I have never understood making a giant wedding spectacle.  We are currently looking at a wedding of 85 or so guests and it is making my head explode.  I think it is a HUGE number, and I know most of you will bawk at that.  I don't understand the appeal of having everyone and their mothers at your wedding. Why would I want Uncle Billy Bob who I haven't seen in two years let alone never have I had a relationship to be at my wedding. Cause he is family? Not a good enough reason in my eyes.  Lets be realistic. Weddings are expensive these days and most parents are not pitching in very much since they have their own lives and dreams and things they would like to do with their own money.  So why would you want to pay upwards of $50 for one person who you wouldn't notice if they were there or not?

And when did the average cost of flowers for weddings hit around $1,500?? What on Earth are you having at your wedding that you racked up that much in just flowers alone?  I could see all decorations together with flowers costing that but just flowers?? Insane. You better have rare flowers from Egypt that blossom once every 5 years and are personalized to your colors some how for that price.  And have you seen this new trend of bedazzling all the flowers? Its like a fairy puked all over the petals and now you have the herpes of arts and crafts all over everything.  Because that glitter will never just stay on the petals, it will infect everything at that wedding; looking like you had strippers glide their glitterfied asses all over your tables and such.  But really- why? Why are you paying more for there to be silver glitter lining the edges of these flower petals? To make them pop? No. Just say no to the glitter and back away from the bedazzler gun.

Moving on to dresses.  I personally see nothing wrong with a dress from David's Bridal. I am fully aware this is not the common opinion anymore.  But when did this bridal store become such a tabo place to shop from.  I have heard the horror stories come from there- and yes I agree not everyone should be hired as a consultant.  I personally have had great experiences from the one near me.  I actually ended up saying yes to the dress at my local David's and adore this dress (but I guess I ought to since it is now hanging in my closet awaiting my big day).  I have also seen brides not have great experiences first hand.  While my older sister's experience wasn't ideal- I don't think it was horrific.  We definitely didn't have the most personable staff member helping her.  She was also stretched thin seeing two brides at once.  Overall it ended up being a dress the consultant talked her into trying on that she found was the one- so I will say her eye was impeccable.  But I don't understand the appeal to going to these tiny boutiques and trying on gowns that starts at $1,000 just because they came from a small little store. Maybe I just don't see the appeal to dropping a few grand on a dress you will use for one night.  I get that it is your big day but it is literally 10 hours on your body and then shoved in a box for the hopes your daughter might use your dress for something.

But I guess that brings me to the bigger point.  Why are we shelling out $20,000 on one day of our lives? I understand its the joining of two lives and it is a big momentousness day.  I understand that it only happens once (if you are lucky) and that it is supposed to be a huge celebration.  Think about this though- what if you spent only $7,000 and took that other $13,000 as a down payment on a house? Less you have to finance and a bigger down payment could mean lower interest.  Maybe I am an old lady and just can not fathom spending the money on one day where I could enjoy my house forever.  Or buy a horse- those are a few thousand and they are well worth the money.

Hahaha alright enough with the serious thoughts for the day. I guess all this wedding planning has gone to my head. I never realized the amount of decisions you have to make. And WHY am I compelled to put vegetables in my menu when I feel like there is nothing wrong with having carbs and starches on top of my protein? Like seriously why? And since when did I believe I can do all this DIY wedding things? I am sure I am more capable than I believe I am but I realized how much work I am putting on myself to get this all done.  Thank God I have 8 more months to go!

Welp- I need to go finish up the buffalo bowls I am making for dinner.  Let me know if you guys want me to put that recipe up.  It is seriously one of the easiest recipes I make and always leaves left overs.  Not to mention it is so low maintenance being a crock pot recipe.  Til next time my darlings!


No comments:

Post a Comment