Thursday, January 12, 2017

Blogs, Chickens, and Yarn Pyramids

Oh my darling bloginites! How I have missed all of your wonderful IP addresses! Just kidding I am not that smart (or am I). I have however missed bitching about everything I can think of- and that is why I think most of you read this.  Not to hear me bitch but to relate.... or maybe you just like to listen to someone else have a miserable life so you feel better about yours. Who knows- but I do know you ended up here one way or another and that is why I will continue to type away.

I have also decided to put a spin on things here on the farm.  I think I might supplement some days with a vlog entry. And who doesn't like a little one on one action with the face? You take that anyway you want to.  But in all seriousness some days I don't have time to type up a long little blobby post so yelling at my camera sounds better.  Today you get a little taste of that down at the bottom.  Whoa innuendos all around today.

So the fiance and I have been discussing the house situation for when he gets back from his little overseas adventure.  We aren't buying a house until he gets back so we have plenty of time to discuss what we want and what we can afford blah blah.  And so far my input has been nil to not helpful at all.  I have decided we will be having chickens at our house.  Come on how amazing would that be? Fresh eggs all the time and really on the level of ease, chickens are not nearly as expensive as lets say a cow or horse.... although I would kill for those animals too.  But I am being realistic for what we can actually raise.  I also keep joking (not joking) about bringing them inside to relax with us.  He totally thinks I am not being serious- but I half expect him to find me in the mudroom one day hanging out with the chickens. A little mama love with the poultry.  I also want a goat- we can name him Billy Bob.  He also thinks I am kidding about this. I don't think he realizes who he is marrying.

Some of you who have been here on the farm for awhile now (catching on that that is what i am calling this place yet?) know I am an avid knitter.  I believe I mentioned the giant blanket I was knitting the fiance.  If not then- hey! I knit my fiance a huge blanket and now I am going to show you! Hahaha, very subtle am I right?

He is such a wonderful model- am I right?

I also managed to knock out my nephew a hat right before the holidays as an added Christmas present.  I thought the sizing would be perfect since he grows like a weed- but he might need another year before his noggin fits into this bad boy.  The sizing was for kids so I guess I shouldn't be disappointed he can't sport my work quite yet.  

His mom has the inverted version of this hat as well.

And now my current project has resulted in a pyramid of yarn in the corner of my room.  I know, my adiction is getting so great it is taking up space in rooms.  It's almost like hoarding.  But you know you have a problem when you and the fiance are sitting at Michael's and you ring up $180 worth of yarn and between your rewards points and coupons you get it all for $50.  Sad part about this is I still need more yarn for this project. Yes you heard right- this project is going to need about 26 skeins of yarn annnnnd I only have 18.  Oh yay.  But I figured I should dwindle down the pyramid before I start a second one... or before the fiance actually stats to object to my giant yarn piles.  

Its chunky yarn- that is why I need so much.

But enough is enough my darlings. I have a giant blanket to get to knitting.  But I will leave you with my tidbit of vlog just like I promised. Go pour yourself some wine and drink up- I am currently sipping some Relax Riesling from you guessed it, a mason jar.  Stay classy my darlings. 








No comments:

Post a Comment